Saturday, June 2, 2012

Asheville Summer

This is our second summer living in Asheville and I'm even more in love than ever.  I've had the opportunity to live in some lovely places....Albuquerque, Austin, San Francisico area, Germany and I've traveled to many more but Asheville has completely stolen my heart.

Have you ever gone on vacation and just loved a place so much that you wished you could live there?   I wake up every day and just feel like I have won the lottery.  Every. Single. Day.  I'm surrounded by mountains and people who I love and I just am so grateful for the combination of desire, determination, risk taking and luck that brought us to this sweet mountain town in Western North Carolina.

We are having so much fun here and there just isn't enough time to do or see all Asheville and its surrounding area has to offer.  However, I thought I'd at least start a photo journal of some of what we Do Do :) beginning with June.  Every season has it's own flavor and rhythm and summer is definitely my season.

So here is a glimpse of the summer season of our Asheville adventures mixed in with whatever else is happening in our lives.

June 1 - Downtown Asheville

We started our day helping a friend with a broken down car....this was the mural up on the building beside the parking lot where her car was going to be towed.



Every Friday night at a park in the middle of downtown, there is a gathering for the drum circle...We stopped by to enjoy the rhythm and the dancing before heading to the Friday Art Walk....

 One of my favorite galleries where we enjoyed some wine and cheese and art........


On our walk to have drinks, we caught this cool reflection ........



Our first time at the SkyBar.......there is a elevator that takes you to this balcony where you can look out over the mountains and watch the sunset.  No actual bar as far as we could tell.  Just stairs and balconies and the mountains. People that appear and take your drink order.  We met some people from Chicago and had some fabulous martinis before heading over to Early Girl Eatery for a late dinner.  Big night out on the town and only 5 minutes from our house.


2 comments:

kelli said...

I'm so glad you're loving Asheville. What a great place! <3

kelli said...

I'm so glad you're loving Asheville! What a great place <3