April Fooled....


You just know something is not right when you stumble out of bed on your way to get your morning coffee and you walk out of your room to find.......



couches in the hall blocking you in......

It was pouring rain so my first thought was that the roof had leaked. I peeked into Broc's office right across from our bedroom and looked at him in bewilderment. He just smiled and said...."Logan"

And then I remembered it was April Fool's Day and he got me again! It's traditionally a holiday we take very seriously and Logan is known for the tricks he comes up with year after year. I have no idea how he moved (jammed would be a better word) these couches into the hall as Broc and I were sleeping last night. I heard nothing and he said it took him about 45 minutes to move them there.

As it was only 8:00 a.m. and Logan was sleeping soundly after all his late night shenanigans, I climbed over the couches with our dog, Bubbles, following me and discovered the living room looking like this....

All the kitchen and dining room chairs, assorted pairs of shoes, phones, magazines, pencils were neatly lined up in rows and on the rug was this message spelled out with Banangram tiles.....



Logan had even spelled each of our names with the letters and also left some unusual messages written in Russian laying about.....


We realized the extent of his efforts as Broc began to move the couches back down the hall to their regular location. I think he may have pulled some back and leg muscles pushing this couch ....Bubbles didn't know what to think.

Amazingly, Logan didn't wake up until much later in the day (his room is by Broc's foot) when he walked out to discover....


Broc's had taped plastic wrap across his door!

It was a good day....a fun day. I love our family.

Comments

Kyra-Bagheera said…
Haha, that's so awesome, Gail! Hope you had an awesome, April Fools day!

Kyra~
Zenmomma said…
You guys are so much fun! We were pretty boring around here.
laura said…
oh my gosh, i'm laughing myself silly!! this is too awesome!!

but you know what's weird? i dreamt of couches last night. tons and tons of couches. for some reason ren had a basement full of couches that she was getting rid of (and varous other things as well) but i was all about the couches and took about 6 of them and then had to figure out how to fit them in my house. but they were AMAZING couches, reds and greens and blues and really funky designs. so when i saw the picture of the couches in your hall way, it was freaky!!!
Christy said…
What fun! None of us have enough imagination to come up with pranks. I didn't even tell Logan it was April Fools day, I guess I should have.
Sandra Dodd said…
At least he didn't blow up the new dishwasher! Very civilized prank.
~Abbiღ said…
Oh wow, that's awesome! I'm envious of your guys' creativity. I didn't even realize it was April Fool's Day until the day itself... I'll have to come up with a good joke next year.

It seems like you guys had a lot of fun! I'll see you ... tomorrow! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy TWENTY!

Two Views

Legacy Hideaway