Happy Earth Day....I Love Jacksonville!



Logan and I met up with two other families from our River City Unschooling group yesterday for lunch and a walk in downtown Jacksonville. It's so easy to take the city you live in for granted and Jacksonville is truly so beautiful. Downtown is right on the river with connecting bridges all around. This picture is of the Main Street Bridge.

This is Treaty Oak estimated at around 600 years old....not sure about that but it is very old and massive. It's just made for climbing.....

Logan didn't waste any time joining Trevor up in the tree.....


Here's an idea of how huge it is...Isabella, Matthew, Trevor and Logan....

The boardwalk is on both sides of the river and miles long.....We walked a bit enjoying the sights.....Isabella, Keti, Andy and Matthew.....


And this was my favorite picture......Right beside the fountain seen in the first picture is this bench. A very special bench.....Eleven short years ago, I sat on this very bench one beautiful evening and Broc reached in a pocket, brought out a ring and asked me to marry him. Very cool bench!!


Comments

kelli said…
Looks like a great day, I want to come and visit down there! My girls would be so all over that tree!
~Abbiღ said…
Oh my gosh, I'm jealous! I love climbing trees, but most of the ones in Minnesota weren't too suitable... pine trees, and all that. The ones that weren't covered in tiny needles were too flimsy to climb.

It looks like you guys had a great day. ;) And, like mom said, I really hope we can visit sometime. Happy Earth Day!
gail said…
You're not packed yet!!! Come on down...Seriously..let's find a time soon. We have amazing climbing trees here.
Madeline said…
I love the song "downtown". :) and that bench story is wonderful.
Bonnie said…
Looks like you guys had fun! Sorry I couldn't be there, but I will next time!
mindy said…
I love the pictures of Jax. We so enjoyed our time living there. Those old water oaks are the best climbing trees ever! Happily reminising(sp?)!
kelli said…
I tagged you woman! Check my blog :P
lauramaya said…
Gail, My family and I are thinking about moving back to FL (Jacksonville or St Petersburg). Can you tell me about some or any or the Unschooling groups in
FL? Thanks, Laura.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy TWENTY!

Two Views

Asheville Halloween