Glimpses of Summer so Far...


Summer is in full swing here and is my favorite season for reasons that I'm sure go back to those years when summer was always carefree because of no school....I'm happy that my kids grew up knowing those lovely kinds of days all year round...

We're heading out to New Mexico next week for a 10 day vacation seeing family and friends and going to Broc's parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. We'll have all FIVE of our kids with us who are now ages 16 to 20 and I'm sure I'll come home with tons of pictures and stories to share.

So before all those adventures begin, I wanted to share a bit of our summer so far.....



The best part of this summer is having Brenna home from college....she is a whirlwind of laughter and light.....It's so fun having her home again....

I have flowers blooming all around....This is my favorite .....

Jason, Brenna's boyfriend, took this picture of Logan recently...I just love it...Logan has been helping me to become a better guitar player on Rock Band and making sure I see all the best online funny videos that he thinks I'll enjoy....

Cameron came to visit from South Carolina...I posted about his helping us to paint the house but I forgot to say how much we enjoyed his visit....he's just one of my favorite people.....I liked this picture of him and Brenna at our little Memorial Day party......

Logan and his friend, Trevor, have been remodeling a guitar and changing it from acoustic to electric....Here's a picture from when they started...it's almost finished. They're waiting on one more part that's been backordered. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

In spite of all the tall trees surrounding our back yard, I seem to have enough sun to grow a few things. The tomatoes, cucumbers, beans and herbs are all doing fine. The squash and strawberries not so much.


We went to see UP!! We all loved it. It really struck home with me and I'll probably go see it again quite soon. It was a fun night and a great photo opportunity with those 3-D glasses.....



So, a quick look at some of the doings around here.....Broc has been gone much of the time seeing his kids in Austin for his son's graduation as well as work travel so I don't have pictures of him. However, starting next week we'll all be together for 10 days! It should be a party and I'll be back when I've recovered.......

Comments

Deanne said…
Have a great trip!
Wildly Cam said…
Now THAT sounds like a good time! Can't wait to hear about it!!

:)

Popular posts from this blog

All Are Welcome Here

Two Views

Legacy Hideaway