Middle of the Night Scare.....

I couldn't sleep last night and about 3:30 I thought I heard a noise and I could see the light from the hall shining under my door. I decided that I'd get up and check and grabbed my glasses and stumbled out into the hall... Logan's door is right across from our room and as I opened our door, I could see him standing in the doorway of his room. I gasped and I'm sure completely scared him to death as he was not expecting me nor I am.

He looked to be blood splattered with a bandage and blood on his finger and his hair disheveled. I was so shocked and I immediately felt like I was going to throw up from the sight of all the blood but he was smiling and said..."It's okay, Mom.....

Apparently, he was doing the final stages of his Tuesday Vlog on Our Seven Cents and encouraged
me to go back to bed. I was too tired to do much else so I just gave him and hug and shook my head and went back to my room.

Times like this I realize that a lot goes on when I'm sleeping..........

Comments

Heather said…
I'm definitely not a fan of being startled awake! It affects me for days. Sometimes longer. I'm glad everything was ok though!
Madeline said…
That's horrifying. Could you get back to sleep? It is also a very funny story though.
lol it's funny reading it but i'm sure i would've felt sick walking up to a bloody son too! for now i'm glad my baby still sleeps with me.

~tara
Wildly Cam said…
I've long adapted to waking up frightened. As a child, Dylan would always sneak in our room, and stand silently by my side of the bed until just his presence would wake me up. I would gasp and ask him what he was doing, and he would say, I didn't want to wake you, Mama, I just wanted to be near you.

So sweet, but so unsettling when I would open my eyes to someone standing right there! I can sympathize with you on that one! Although, the blood would only enhance the heebie jeebies, I'm sure!

PS- I'm about to visit Jacksonville for the first time! We are taking a friend to the airport on Tuesday! We plan on stopping back by Fernandina Beach, and checking the area out. We are considering a move there sometime in the next couple of years. Do you recommend any points of interest we should check out in J'ville?

I recently started an unschooling family blog, Dylan's Wild Rumpus. Our favorite book to read him has always been Where The Wild Things Are, so it is completely appropriate.

I'm not sure if you remember me, you emailed me once about getting together with your group since we are so close in southern Georgia...

Cam (journeywildly@gmail.com)
Madeline said…
I think you maybe out of town. When you get back, after lots of readjusting to home, visit my blog to see the "honest scrap" award/tag thing I passed on to you.

Popular posts from this blog

All Are Welcome Here

Two Views

Legacy Hideaway