Games....


Brenna and Logan are both home at the same time for a few more days.  Tonight, they are both here with their significant others playing Settlers of Catan and I'm lucky enough to be close by and to feel the sweetness of their togetherness.

Over the years, we have cycled through tons of games.  From those Hi-Ho Cherry-O days, Candyland, Go Fish, ........and on to Checkers and Monopoly and summers of Charades.  Phase 10, Yahtzee, Chess, and Scrabble, .....Pictionary and Taboo........Rummikub.....Apples to Apples and Bananagrams...

One summer we played endless Poker and I'm sure there are games that I've forgotten.  Some of our best times together as a family have been playing games.  I listen tonight and smile as I hear my kids teasing each other and laughing.....

Remembering those years when I played with my siblings and friends when my parents chose to not always join in....

I understand why now.  Perhaps they wanted to just have a few moments to enjoy the laughter, the sweet relationships developing........

To listen and to feel grateful that they were parents to some really cool people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy TWENTY!

Two Views

Legacy Hideaway